$2.64 worth of credit back
Beal Wall School 10.2mm UNICORE
The Diablo Wall School 10.2mm has been developed specifically for use in indoor climbing gyms, featuring a large diameter that makes it easy to handle and the UNICORE treatment adapted for greater resistance from repeated belays and low impact falls. The UNICORE treatment also increases the Wall School 10.2mm's endurance against sheath slippage, meaning the rope’s sheath is much less likely bunch up in places making it difficult to pass through belay devices. (Often happens to indoor gym ropes that have been subject to a lot of top roping.) Beal use the UNICORE treatment when they want a rope to maintain its original performance after hard use, and will achieve this much better than non-UNICORE ropes.
|NO. OF FALLS||[UIAA] 7-8, [Beal Guarantee] 6|
|ELONGATION DURING FIRST FALL||36%|
Sheath slippage occurs because the rope’s core and sheath are independent from one another allowing them to move freely, resulting in ropes bunching up in places or sometimes having excess sheath at the end of the rope. (If you haven’t owned a rope before, take a look at some of the ones used for top-roping the next time you go to the climbing gym.) UNICORE bonds the rope’s core and sheath together to eliminate sheath slippage, increasing a rope’s useable lifespan and making it much stronger and more durable. (Watch this video to see a strength test of a UNICORE vs. non-UNICORE rope with a severed sheath.)
An infrared treatment which stabilises the sheath fibers and therefore makes yarns more homogeneous. The result is a more compact rope with better handling qualities.
Full Features List
• Indoor/gym climbing rope with a large diameter for ease of handling and the UNICORE treatment to increase longevity
• No sheath slippage means the rope will maintain the same performance for longer
• UNICORE reduces shrinkage in water by up to 50% (a basic level of protection against the elements in a non-drycover rope) and allows for temporary cutting of the rope without it fraying
• Thermofluid treatment improves handling for overall easier belaying and clipping actions
• Comes in three different colours to aid climbing wall/club’s management of ropes