$7.53 worth of credit back
Five Ten Aleon Climbing Shoe
The Five Ten Aleon is an aggressive shoe designed for hard boulder problems with really small footholds. It's a powerful, extremely precise shoe which, thanks to Adidas' plethora of resources, features new materials and new manufacturing processes to improve its comfort, fit, and performance.
Traditionally, Five Ten's climbing shoes have been designed with a rounded toe-box. However, Five Ten's new shoe designer, Fred Nicole, a Swiss cobbler with years of experience repairing and dissecting Five Ten's climbing shoes, has designed the Aleon with a pointier toe and wider forefoot to really direct the shoe's precision towards the big toe. Nicole has also implemented a high arch and strong heel-toe tension to amplify the the big toe's power, making the Aleon extremely precise and powerful on edges and small footholds.
One of the main tools Five Ten have borrowed from Adidas' toolbox is Primeknit, a four-way stretch material that's digitally-knitted into the shoe. This allows Five Ten to fine-tune the amount of flexibility and support of the tongue. The result is a very tight-fitting tongue which, thanks to the extra flexibility, is still easy to take on and off.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
|Sole material|| |
Stealth C4 Rubber
• Stealth C4 rubber for the greatest versatility on all rock types
• Rubber's concaved edge provides a solid edging platform
• Midsole with diamond-shaped increases flex but maintains edging support
• Seamless inner reduces painful hotspots and improves overall comfort
• Precision laser-edged rands are more malleable, will fit a greater range of foot shapes, and relieve pressure on the heel
• Lined microfibre upper won't stretch to maintain the shoe's aggressive shape
Stealth® C4™ Rubber
A high-friction rubber used on the majority of Five Ten’s shoes due of its all-round performance and versatility. Five Ten first debuted this rubber on the original approach shoe, the Five Tennie, in 1985, and since then Stealth rubber has always been developed by Five Ten themselves in direct conjunction with their shoes, unlike other shoe manufacturers who outsource their rubber. The result is a rubber that works with your shoe harmoniously.